Ryan Bleau is a seasoned criminal defense attorney with over 13 years of DUI and criminal defense experience.
Mr. Bleau graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut. While a law student, Mr. Bleau gained experience in a wide range of subject matters to include drafting legislation and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Bleau served as a Legislative extern for the State of Connecticut Governor's Legal Counsel Office in Hartford, Connecticut. In that position, he assisted with drafts of anti-terrorism legislation and reported to the Chief Legal Counsel regarding the Enron and other politically and legally relevant hearings.
Mr. Bleau also found a passion for alternative dispute resolution while in law school. He gained experience through work as a research assistant for Professor Harry Mazadoorian. Mr. Bleau compiled material on state and national policies regarding alternative dispute resolution for publication of a book entitled Mediation Practice Book Critical Tools, Techniques and Forms by Professor Harry Mazadoorian, LawFirst Publishing (September 2002). Additionally, Mr. Bleau was instrumental in introducing the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Advocacy Competition to Quinnipiac University School of Law. The competition is designed to develop law students advocacy skills in an alternative dispute resolution setting.
Upon graduating from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2002, Mr. Bleau received the Judge F. Owen Egan Book Award recognizing his work in the area of alternative dispute resolution, the Superior Classroom Performance Award and Service to the Law School Award.
Mr. Bleau's DUI and criminal defense career began in 2005 at the City of Tucson Public Defender's Office as an Assistant City Public Defender. In that capacity, he gained significant experience defending people accused of crimes in all stages of litigation. As significant litigation developed, Mr. Bleau assumed the responsibility as the office point person for Intoxilyzer 8000 breath test litigation. This litigation impacted thousands of DUI cases in the State of Arizona. As a result of this hard work in the Intoxilyzer 8000 litigation, Mr. Bleau was awarded the 2010 Rising Star Award by the Arizona Public Defender Association.
Following his time at the Public Defender's Office, Mr. Bleau joined the criminal defense law firm of Nesci & St. Louis, PLLC. During his roughly five years at Nesci & St. Louis, Mr. Bleau gained additional litigation experience in a variety of felony and misdemeanor criminal defense matters. Throughout his tenure at Nesci & St. Louis, Mr. Bleau was recognized for his exceptional work as evidenced by his annual receipt of the SuperLawyers Rising Star Award (2013-2017).
Mr. Bleau has dedicated his career toward defending the accused. He belongs to professional organizations that share his passion for criminal defense. Mr. Bleau is a member of the Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice and National College for DUI Defense (2012-present). In 2016, Mr. Bleau was also invited to the Morris K. Udall American Inn of Court. The Inn of Court consists of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals similarly dedicated to professional excellence.
In addition to his trial practice, Mr. Bleau has lectured at various Continuing Legal Education seminars. He has presented at the Arizona Public Defender's Association, 6th Annual Criminal Law Ethics Seminar and the City of Tucson Public Defender's Office.
Areas of Practice
- 100% DUI and Criminal Defense
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2003
- Arizona, 2005
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2012
- United States Supreme Court, 2017
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden Connecticut
- J.D. – 2002
- Judge F. Owen Egan Annual Book Award
- Superior Classroom Performance Award
- Service to the Law School Award
- Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: History/Political Science
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Arizona Public Defenders Association “Rising Star”
- SuperLawyers Rising Star
- 2014 Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, Member, 2003 – Present (inactive)
- Arizona State Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- National College for DUI Defense, Member, 2012 – Present
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member, 2009 – Present
- Morris K. Udall American Inn of Court, Barrister, 2016 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- City of Tucson Public Defender's Office
- Nesci & St. Louis, PLLC
- The Law Office of Ryan Bleau, PLLC